- A delicate and intricate ornamentation made from platinum, gold or silver (or sometimes other metal) wire.
- A plant of the genus , especially burnet saxifrage (Pimpinella saxifraga).
- Any of the large, hairy New World spiders the family Theraphosidae.
- A thin, pliable sheet of tin or an alloy of tin and lead, used as a wrapping.
- An upturned screen of wood or leather placed on the front of a horse-drawn , sleigh or other vehicle that protected the driver from mud, debris, water and snow thrown up by the horse's hooves.
- The breastbone, consisting of the , gladiolus, and xiphoid process.
- The part of the stamen of a flower.
- Any of certain canids called foxes ( the true foxes, the arctic fox and the grey fox); distinguished from the canines, which are regarded as similar to the dog and wolf.